Saturday, January 12, 2013

On a Cool Evening


On a cool evening
As the stars of Heaven spin in Slow Motion
Within your clear blue Ocean eyes
You hypnotized me with your rapier wit
And charming, jeweled words beneath the moon.
A minstrel floating tween the trees
You sang a tune to open  gates of Castles strong.
My fate sealed
I set my heart to evade you
As best be, like a Gazelle
Chased by a predator
Running
Running
Then you caught me.
My heart in your sling,
I was a flower, picked in June
All reason lost, no need for walls,
The river wailed against our bodies
Our kiss, a plunge into the Ocean's salt.
Our thirst ignited by a spark of star glow
Across the skies
Your eyes a glowing circle
A spinning river of fire through
The labyrinths of Soul
I asked a question of the nearest twig and
Waited in patience, while ants strolled over my toes
Lightning lifted the gates open wide and in came
The river, the Holy river,
Warmed by crystal pebbles from a flume, it
Washes over us as we dream.
You are my eyes
You are my heart

4/15/12

No comments:

Post a Comment