Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Book of You



Oh flimsy night of webs and 
Melodies of sprites,
How I long a touch of thee, 
A kiss, your sweet embrace of lights !
As moments pass beneath the bridge's shade,
Our reverie lasts as long as words are made.
As slowly as a waiting breath to keep,
You're softly holding me,
Your kind sheathed blade.
And, as I wait here,
Vast space between us,
Like a wall of stars pending birth,
The longing fills like air in the windy sails
Of memories' ships in dreams.
I reach with fingers, soflty hoping as I look,
Your answer here to find, within this book.
Of poems you and I are made and share,
Of poems, love and sparkling mystic air.
Be kind, oh dreams of joyous long embraces,
And flowing robes of silken threaded traces.
Our longing as the sheets are rent in flames of fire,
The fullness felt in wholeness of desire.
The roses breathe and swell
Within my Soul, you sleep.
You answer not as I have fallen deep.
The book of you, I read most faithfully,
As all my thoughts are flowers from your tree.
And bloodless lies of vanity to rage,
While gasping so, I turn another page.
No fear as such delight to know what's dark.
The book of you ignites my bleeding spark.
Excites with feathers flowing in the breeze,
Our calls to God as sure as falling leaves.
So, in this call to God, a prayer to fire's prince.
Of love denied, or sword yet unconvinced.
Deep shadows from the words flow through my Soul
The fires boil within the earthen bowl,
Etched tightly woven scripts of wisdom's glow,
A kiss from you is all of life to know.
And yet each kiss not rendered as a flame,
My heart grows love and knows it by your name.
Upon each page of you, there is my heart.
If fire's all of newness at the start.
Your lights from words are glories of my dreams.
So few are needed now as all are streams
And ribbons of life's endless rivers' shimmer.
As with all love, the ending seems a glimmer of
Choice between the bitter root of mara
And understanding how soil is wrenched by lava.
So grateful is this Soul for love's sweet longing
As the road to love of God, nealy belonging
In the Kingdoms of Sand Castles washed
Away by laughter's punctuated odes for Angels,
Rescued by the wine of sincerity
And the serpents' coiling fallowed newness,
Becoming allies.

No comments:

Post a Comment