Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Shadow's Rose



There was a time~ 
Was it whim's chance at fame ?
A slight flirtation 
Between the 
Falling leaves and the sprouts of dandelions.
As butterflies played drums for the
Distant Stars to see luminous Ocean depths,
A call from darkness sang a melody for me !

He played a flute as snakes rose up and crystals chimed !
He blew a whisper through the hollowed reed of time.
As sprinkled pines flared high to
Ride the twinkling wind,
He gasped a sigh
And kissed me deep within.

A mirrored hallway, music lightning in the dream
Is lit with darkness shrouded heavy with death's bliss
I ride the quiet shimmer wings upon the drops of dew
His shadow falls so far there is no room for you

Henceforth a battle cry, my heart ablaze with brass !
I hold the rose, blood red, and crush it thin as glass !
I blast the shadow far to heaven with one blow
And feel the chains of love fall softly in the snow.

1 comment:

  1. I like this poem a lot. It has something lost or gained.

    ReplyDelete