Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pounding the Metal




All of me was wanting you,
Breathing you into my dreams,
Into my bed
Stillness of itself, instead now,
Is  my sweet  plate, my drink to keep.
I blot my love out,
Like putting my
Thumb up to hide the Moon.
And here we are, it's
June, a flavored tune,
Of clover wings and streams of
Hot breath kisses as we fly
So high around the green glazed,
Overlaid plains of dusty
Cakes, stale, left out.
We forgot them,
Not in the rain,
But while I looked away
A fair haired blue eyes
Took your breath to you.
And you were not a love like
James Taylor's  compassion true.
A song all over me,
I learned of some love from
The songs I'd heard.
Something went wrong,
As wrong as all could be,
Your mask removed.
You'd lied.
Something inconvenient in the
Heat of passion's memory.
Didn't matter that the sheets
Proved my virginity.
You'd blotted me out like an
Eclipse in the Spring
Of my awakening.
I sought your friendship,
But falseness proves
A crow's bad wing at the lake.
A jewel so bright, it is fake.

Now you're all moved on.
Your wrapped around her mind like thistle briar
For her to prick
Her golden fingers and bleed.
I bled for you, too.
So glad we met,
Your kisses like a swirling storm around my
Waiting breasts at nights in time.
Your words
A promise sought for all to be
Once blind, in love for you
I prayed a rare caring prayer for grace
To understand why I sent you to me this time
To never do it again, if given the chance.
But the wave of passion was rare and clouded with
Desire's flute melody.
You knew the words, somehow, to spin the
Hapless dream about me.
I sent this to myself.
What to learn ?

To see the signs in seasons past,
I left you once, to cry your heart to
Sleep, like a babe.
Here now to comfort you
A witless slave of
Love denied
We free ourselves
As wings
As friends
As tender endings
swaying in the salty soup and bobbing as a man of war
With prey.

Thank you for my lesson
Friend.
It's day !

No comments:

Post a Comment