Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Song of Dreams




Across the sea of dreams,
A smoky room
Your eyes and mine lock in time
Our love written in the stars
I knew the flames would make you mine

One kiss is all it took,
A kiss so deep, it bleeds me now
A splintered light, it grows me now
Hold me, my love,
My soul to keep

Bring me there to your lair of rest
To love like lightning's shattered breast
In looms of flavored tunes of night
So sweetness births our souls to flight.

What have you done ?
Your words are birds who sing for glee
Your eyes are smiles of children.
Your heart a sweetness as summer wine.

Now, in these misty bodies, frail as film
We are scattered far to feel the stretch
Of who we are, of how we burst like shells
Dropped by seagulls upon the rocks.

I am your window behind the wolf
Beneath the tree who smiles at you.
Flow to me, river of my dreams.
Our moments here are far too few.

Sleep, my love, and wait for me
At the crossing trees amid the gallery
Of stones and ancient harmonies
Where bursts of color ride the wind.

There you'll find me, open arms
To fill your cup and slide yours arms around me
Enbraces long, and kisses deep.
So ever grateful that you found me.

We'll crash against the rocks like shells
And roll like flowing songs of drums
Our passion as a fire bright
Will burn till we are new to day.

Our passion sparked by Venus' light
Imagined terrors do take flight
Beyond the paling Hilltops of iniquity
The light of darkness one may see.

As cherished heart, my Soul does sing
A tune of gladness it's sound brings
To bear upon the checkered past
A final blow to oblivion's gasp.

Held in your arms, I am a Dove
Who quivers long from songs of love
You sent your arrow swift and deep
To find me quietly asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment